View our route in a larger map

Heading to the start - by air, land, and water

This morning I was exhausted from yesterday’s regatta and last night’s wine and cheese. I had so much fun at both events (winning is fun!), and I would like to thank everyone who came out to the semi-formal Wine and Cheese! Frédérique was kind enough to drive me to the airport, and she has been so generous to me in helping with getting my stuff together. I don’t know how I would’ve been prepared at all without her. We said our last goodbyes at the airport, which for some reason still didn’t seem real to me. I know I will miss her throughout the trip.

Today was all about travelling to our starting destination – by plane, bus, and ferry. I left at 7:15am Montreal time, and finally arrived in Tofino at 10pm local time. The rides were fairly enjoyable, albeit rather long. The bus was nice enough to drop us off close to where we’re staying – the Clayoquot Field Station – but we still had to carry our boxed bikes a good 500 m, which seemed like 2 km. We were trying to get all our gear in order tonight, but that's a tall order. Right now it’s 1:12 am and I’ve just finished assembling my bike. Bedtime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment