View our route in a larger map

Will it fit?

This morning we got up and sorted out all our gear. I was very worried at first that it wouldn't all fit in our packs. I picked up my front and rear panniers at the MEC in Vancouver on the way to the bus station, so I had no opportunity to see if I would be able to carry everything. On top of that, every time I spoke with Nicole prior to leaving, she kept telling me "I hope there's room in your panniers because there isn't in mine for everything I have." Of course, she did have most of the communal gear. It took all morning to sort out the stuff, and we were very surprised to find out that... it all fit!!! Just have a look at Nicole's blog to see what gear we brought. One interesting thing to note is that I packed fewer clothes for this four month expedition than I usually do for a weekend regatta. Hygene is overrated anyways, right?

It was a very nice, sunny day, so we took a stroll into Tofino. We were hoping to go surfing, but we spent too much time on packing our gear that we were too late for the surfing. So instead we did our grocery shopping for the next couple of days, and after going through the checkout, we realized that this might last us until Victoria!
We're chilling right now at the Field Station, even though we've checked out already, and just as I'm posting this, the school that is staying here made too much food and wants to feed us dinner! I'm going to enjoy that right now! Tonight we camp for the first time; let's see how well prepared we are for this! Tomorrow we start cycling.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck, I have been packing boxes here in NZ for my trip back to UK, I will be using a few planes and a car. ( not so to taxing on the body )

    I am sure you will enjoy the trip, the very best luck and travel safe.

    Cheers

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting off is always the toughest part! Now that you guys are organized and have packed your gear once, it will come together faster and faster each time!

    Best of luck with the beginning biking part! Hope your pain killers are extra strength Advil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny to be on a completely different adventure, and yet have some of the same concerns and excitements. I'm so impressed with your packing!! Have a great great great time :)

    ReplyDelete